Mitsui & Co. Plastics Ltd. (hereafter, referred to as the “Company”) recognizes that the protection of personal information is an important social responsibility and has established the following personal information protection guidelines for handling, controlling, and maintaining personal information.
Personal Information Protection Policy
- Collection, use, and provision of personal information
When collecting, using, or providing personal information, we recognize the importance of protecting personal information and deal with such information in an appropriate manner.
- Implementation of Safety Measures
The Company employs an optimized system for securing stringent control over personal information, and by building logical safety controls, we develop thorough preventative and corrective policies against illicit access to personal information, as well as the loss, destruction, falsification, or leakage of personal information.
- Implementation of Continuous Improvement
The Company establishes operates, and maintains a management system to protect personal information, and strives to make continuous improvements by regularly reviewing it.
- Compliance with Laws and Regulations
When handling personal information, the Company complies with all laws and other regulations regarding the protection of personal information.
Handling of Personal Information
- Purpose of Using Personal Information
All or part of personal information provided to us is used for the following purposes.
- To provide registered or requested services
- To deliver products that have been ordered or applied for
- To inform about events, such as exhibitions and seminars
- To report results to those who cooperated or participated in questionnaires and/or events
- To provide services via direct mail, email, facsimile, or other such means
- To determine successful applicants regarding hiring and notify applicants of whether they are successful
- For other tasks related to or incidental to the above
- Provision of Personal Information
We will not disclose or provide personal information provided by customers to any third party except where approval was obtained from customers or where we are obligated to do so under any applicable law or regulation.
- Entrustment of Personal Information
We may entrust customers’ personal information to our contractors to achieve the purpose of use described in the above 1. In the case where we entrust any customer’s personal information with a contractor, we will select a proper contractor and appropriately supervise the contractor, such as by clarifying the contractor’s obligations and responsibilities in a contract, so that personal information is managed safely by the contractor.
- Joint Use of Personal Information
If necessary, we may jointly use the personal information received from customers as described below.
【Items to be used jointly】
Company name, affiliation, job title, name, address, telephone number, email address
【Scope of joint users】
The Company and its subsidiaries, Mitsui & Co., Ltd. and its affiliate companies described on the securities report of Mitsui & Co., Ltd.
【Purpose of use by joint users】
To provide customers with beneficial and appropriate services related to our business
【Party responsible for managing personal data】
Mitsui & Co. Plastics Ltd.
- Handling of personal information in terms of external links
Our website may include external links. We do not assume any liability concerning the handling or management of personal information or content on external sites.
Please contact any linked sites directly for inquiries.
- About Access History
Access history for our website may be obtained for the purpose of statistics and analysis of customers’ usage. We do not obtain information that can be used to identify individuals, through the acquisition of access history.
- About measures to prevent wiretapping or similar wrongdoing by other parties
To prevent personal information provided by customers from being stolen by a third party during data transmission, our website employs Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) as a coding method for protecting personal information, or take other measures whose safety level is equivalent to that of SSL.
- Disclosure and Correction of Registered Information, and Suspension of Use of Such Information
When a customer requests disclosure of, correction of, suspension of use of, deletion of, stoppage of disclosure of or provision, to a third party, etc., of, personal information related to the customer himself/herself, upon confirming their identity, we will respond to such a request quickly, unless prevented by any special reason. Please see “Consultations/Procedures concerning Personal Information” for further details on the procedures.
Consultations/Procedures concerning Personal Information
【Contact for Consultation concerning Personal Information】
JA Building (6/7/8F), 3-1, Otemachi 1-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-6811, Japan
Mitsui & Co. Plastics Ltd. Representative Office for Personal Information Protection
- Please first provide the following information by post if requesting the disclosure, change, deletion, or other alteration of personal information.
＜Items to be written on a postcard or letter＞ Please simply write an address to which the “Form of Request for Disclosure, Etc.” will be sent, your name, and your request for us to send the said form.
- Please post it to the above address of the Contact for Consultation.
Communication via a postcard or letter is requested to ensure the “Form of Request for Disclosure, Etc.” is correctly sent to the requested address. We would appreciate your kind understanding.
- We will send a “Form of Request for Disclosure, Etc.” based on the above communication.
- Upon receiving the “Form of Request for Disclosure, Etc.”, please fill in the form as per the “Explanation” and return it together with the identity confirmation documents to the above Contact for Consultation.
- We will reply by post after confirming the request details.
- A handling fee may be charged depending on the requested disclosure, etc.
- If disclosure, etc. is requested by an agent, please enclose a letter of attorney prepared by the person concerned as per the “Explanation”.